I know your company’s different.
You have your own vision, your own people, and your own problems, too.
You also find your own solutions, because what works for one company might not work for you.
It’s no different for employee engagement. Sometimes that four-point list just doesn’t cut it.
You need options.
So here are 33 different ways you can improve employee engagement starting now...
You know what’s even better than fixing a problem? Preventing it in the first place.
While it’s great to address low levels of employee engagement in the workplace, it’s also a limited view of the problem. You don’t just want to connect with employees who aren’t engaged.
You want to engage them from the get-go. I’m talking as early as possible, even before you hire them, if you can.
Why? Because engaged employees care deeply about their work and want to contribute, while actively disengaged employees can have negative effects on your company and your working environment.
Because you don’t want to sabotage yourself right at the start by bringing in employees who don’t care.
Here are five tactics you can use today to improve employee engagement from the beginning:
You’re well aware of how important employee engagement is, but where do you even get started?
Employee engagement platform WeSpire releases an annual report on trends in employee engagement, and their most recent results boil down to these three ideas:
1. Good Management
3. Choice & Collaboration
You know what those things are, but how can you use them to engage your employees, practically speaking?
I’m glad you asked.
So you know employee engagement is good, but do you know what you can do today to make your employees more engaged?
Okay. I have good news and I have bad news.
First the good: employee engagement in the U. S. is at 32% (a three-year high), according to Gallup. The bad news? That still leaves 68% of U. S. employees who are “not engaged,” with 16.% of those employees being “actively disengaged.”
According to Gallup, “Employee engagement is a leading indicator of future business success. . . As the percentage of their employees who are engaged at work increases, companies find themselves better positioned to grow.”
But wait, there’s more! More good news, I mean.
You aren’t helpless against the “working dead.” Keep that three-year high going strong by increasing employee engagement in your own workplace.